Mildura Rural City Council Representation Reviews
Current representation review
The VEC is conducting an electoral representation review of Mildura Rural City Council and is seeking community input.
Representation reviews ensure all voters in a municipality have their concerns and interests fairly and equitably represented at the local council level. The review will examine:
- the appropriate number of councillors
- whether the council should be split into wards or be unsubdivided and
- if subdivided, the number of wards, ward boundaries, the number of councillors per ward and possible ward names.
There are three main opportunities for you to have your say:
- in a preliminary submission
- in a response submission to the preliminary report, and
- if you have requested to speak in your response submission, at a public hearing to be held in your local area.
|Preliminary submissions open||Wednesday 15 July|
|Public information session||7.00 pm on Wednesday 22 July|
|Deadline for preliminary submissions||5.00 pm on Wednesday 12 August|
|Release of preliminary report||Wednesday 9 September|
|Deadline for response submissions||5.00 pm on Wednesday 7 October|
|Public hearing||7.00 pm on Wednesday 14 October|
|Release of final report||Wednesday 4 November|
Have your say
Preliminary submissions are now open.
Your submission should address the number of councillors and/or the electoral structure of Mildura Rural City Council and include reasons for your preferences.
The Guide for Submissions will help you prepare your submission. It outlines the range of issues you can address and includes important council information and sample submissions.
- Mildura Rural City Council Guide for Submissions (PDF, 627kB)
- Mildura Rural City Council Guide for Submissions (Word, 796kB)
Make a submission
All submissions can be made via:
- the online submission form
- email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- post to VEC, Level 11, 530 Collins Street, Melbourne VIC 3000
- fax to (03) 9629 8632
Public information session
A public information session was held at 7.00 pm on Wednesday 22 July in the Council & Committee Rooms, Civic Building, 76-84 Deakin Avenue, Mildura.
A public hearing is scheduled to be held at 7.00 pm on Wednesday 14 October in the Council & Committee Rooms, Civic Building, 76-84 Deakin Avenue, Mildura.
Only those who have requested to speak in support of their response submissions can speak at the hearing. The hearing will not be held if there are no requests to speak.
- Mildura Rural City Council preliminary report (available on Wednesday 9 September)
- Mildura Rural City Council final report (available on Wednesday 4 November)
- Map of Mildura Rural City Council with voter numbers by locality (PDF, 1.0MB)
- Map of Mildura Rural City Council with voter numbers by locality (GIF, 306kB)
Previous review of Mildura Rural City Council
The council's previous electoral representation review was in 2005.