Information in English

The Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC) runs:

  • Victorian State elections
  • Victorian local council elections
  • elections for other organisations.

Do I have to enrol?

You must enrol and vote for the address you live in. You must:

  • be an Australian citizen, and
  • be aged 18 years or over, and
  • have lived at your current address in Victoria for at least one month.

How to enrol

Fill in an enrolment form in English (PDF, 645kB)

The enrolment form can be read in the language you download it but will print in English. When filling in the form you must write in English.

Need an interpreter?

If you want more information, you can contact the VEC through an interpreter, on telephone 9209 0112.

Contact us

The VEC is located at Level 11, 530 Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000.

You can phone the VEC on 131 832, send an email to or fax us on 9629 8632.

If you are overseas, phone us on +613 8620 1100.