Updating your enrolment details
You must update your enrolment details within 21 days if you have changed your:
- residential address and you have lived there for a month
- postal address.
Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic there may be some delays in processing enrolment updates.
If you wish to apply for silent elector status due to you or your family being in immediate danger, please contact us on 1300 805 478.
If you do not update your details
If you do not update your details within 21 days:
- you may get a fine of $165.22
- you may have to vote for your old address
- we may update your details by a direct enrolment process
- your name may be removed from the roll.
Get election alerts (VoterAlert)
We can send you information and reminders about elections you need to vote in (VoterAlert).
VoterAlert is a free SMS and email service for Victorian State and local council elections.
To update your contact details and sign up for VoterAlert, go to our 'Check my enrolment' portal.