Moyne Shire Council representation reviews
The VEC is conducting an electoral representation review of Moyne Shire Council and is seeking community input.
Representation reviews ensure all voters in a local council area have their concerns and interests fairly represented by their council.
What the review will cover
The review examines:
- whether a local council has the appropriate number of councillors
- whether the local council should be unsubdivided, with councillors elected from the whole local council, or subdivided into wards
- if subdivided, the number of wards, ward boundaries and the number of councillors per ward.
|Public information sessions||Monday 21 January 2019|
|Preliminary submissions open||Wednesday 23 January 2019|
|Preliminary submissions close||5.00 pm on Wednesday 20 February 2019|
|Release of preliminary report
Response submissions open
|Wednesday 20 March 2019|
|Response submissions close||5.00 pm on 17 April 2019|
|Public hearing||4.00 pm Wednesday 24 April 2019|
|Scheduled release of final report||Wednesday 15 May 2019|
Have your say
Preliminary submissions are now open.
The VEC’s online submission tool will allow you to type in or upload a written submission. You can also use Boundary Builder, an interactive mapping submission application to define ward boundaries and councillor numbers.
Preliminary submissions close 5.00 pm on Wednesday 20 February 2019.
The guide outlines the range of issues you can address and includes important council information and examples.
- Moyne Shire Council Submission guide (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Moyne Shire Council Submission guide (Word, 1.0MB)