Nillumbik Shire Council representation reviews
The VEC is conducting an electoral representation review of Nillumbik Shire Council and is seeking community input.
Representation reviews ensure all voters in a local council area have their concerns and interests fairly represented by their council.
What the review will cover
The review examines:
- whether a local council has the appropriate number of councillors
- whether the local council should be unsubdivided, with councillors elected from the whole local council, or subdivided into wards
- if subdivided, the number of wards, ward boundaries and the number of councillors per ward.
|Public information sessions||11 and 18 February 2019|
|Preliminary submissions open||Wednesday 13 February 2019|
|Preliminary submissions close||5.00 pm on Wednesday 13 March 2019|
|Release of preliminary report
Response submissions open
|Wednesday 10 April 2019|
|Response submissions close||5.00 pm on 8 May 2019|
|Public hearing||7.30 pm 13 May 2019|
|Scheduled release of final report||Wednesday 5 June 2019|
Have your say
Preliminary submissions are now open.
The VEC’s online submission tool will allow you to type in or upload a written submission. You can also use Boundary Builder, an interactive mapping submission application to define ward boundaries and councillor numbers.
Preliminary submissions close 5.00 pm on Wednesday 13 March 2019.
The guide outlines the range of issues you can address and includes important council information and examples.
- Nillumbik Shire Council Submission guide (PDF, 1.6MB)
- Nillumbik Shire Council Submission guide (Word, 7.4MB)
Public information sessions
7.30 pm Monday 11 February
Nillumbik Council Chamber
14-34 Civic Drive, Greensborough
7.30 pm Monday 18 February
St Andrews Community Centre Wadambuk
35 Caledonia Street, St Andrews
Please attend an information session if you are interested in making a submission, or have questions about the review process.