Borough of Queenscliffe representation reviews
The VEC is conducting an electoral representation review of Borough of Queenscliffe and is seeking community input.
Representation reviews ensure all voters in a local council area have their concerns and interests fairly represented by their council.
What the review will cover
The review examines:
- whether a local council has the appropriate number of councillors
- whether the local council should be unsubdivided, with councillors elected from the whole local council, or subdivided into wards
- if subdivided, the number of wards, ward boundaries and the number of councillors per ward.
|Preliminary submissions open
|Wednesday 6 February 2019|
|Preliminary submissions close||5.00 pm on Wednesday 6 March 2019|
|Release of preliminary report
Response submissions open
|Wednesday 3 April 2019|
|Response submissions close||5.00 pm on 1 May 2019|
|Public hearing||6.00 pm Wednesday 8 May 2019|
|Scheduled release of final report||Wednesday 29 May 2019|
Have your say
Preliminary submissions are now open.
The VEC’s online submission tool will allow you to type in or upload a written submission. You can also use Boundary Builder, an interactive mapping submission application to define ward boundaries and councillor numbers.
Preliminary submissions close 5.00 pm on Wednesday 6 March 2019.
The guide outlines the range of issues you can address and includes important council information and examples.
- Borough of Queenscliffe Submission guide (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Borough of Queenscliffe Submission guide (Word, 727kB)