Book a free information session
We deliver free online voter education sessions about elections to communities including:
- people with disabilities (especially people with intellectual disabilities)
- people experiencing homelessness
- people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds
- people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- young people from all communities.
Our sessions are delivered by people who have a lived experience or are part of these communities.
Voter education sessions can be delivered in some community languages and we can provide interpreters.
What is covered in our sessions
We can deliver free online education sessions to your community to help people learn about:
- who can vote
- how to enrol to vote
- how to vote correctly
- where to get help to vote.
Book a session
Be Heard! Session booking form
Or you can:
- Email us
- Call us
- on 131 832 or in other languages (03) 9209 0112
- via the National Relay Service, then ask for (03) 8620 1100.
Democracy ambassadorsDemocracy Ambassadors help their communities to be heard at elections.
The Democracy Ambassador program is about social inclusion. People having a say at the election.
My job is to educate the community about how to vote correctly.
As a democracy ambassador I also work with disability groups, homeless groups and Aboriginal groups as well.
Before the election I want all the community leaders to be more active in the community and help them learn how to vote so the community voices can be heard.
In the information session I teach community about how to enrol, the three levels of government and how to vote correctly.
After the session I realised my community needs more people like me to come and speak to them.
You should book an information session with a Democracy Ambassador because it will help you to learn in a better way in your own language.
Democracy means to me: freedom.