Delivering services in a COVID-19 environment
As COVID-19 has required isolation restrictions for the Victorian community to keep people safe, we have had to develop different activities at short notice to replace our usual face-to-face outreach. Here are some updates across our service areas to let you know what we’ve put in place to support various communities as we head into local council elections this October.
Book an education and inclusion session
Despite changes to our outreach, the Victorian Electoral Commission offers free voter education sessions online via Teams or Zoom.
Culturally diverse sessions
We are continuing to deliver education sessions to culturally and linguistically diverse community groups. We can work with you and your interpreters, or we can engage our Democracy Ambassadors to run the session.
We are delivering electoral education sessions to people with disabilities across Victoria remotely.
We continue to provide outreach, education and voting services for people who are out of home or in prison.
Be Heard! is our monthly e-newsletter. Get the latest information about our work with the community delivered straight to your inbox.
- Have your say in the 2020 local government elections
- Book an education and inclusion session
- Disability sessions
- Culturally diverse sessions
- Free downloadable resources
- Out-of-home outreach without outreach sessions
- Passport to Democracy remote incursions for schools
- Aboriginal self-determination at the VEC
- Aboriginal community outreach wrap
- VEC to sponsor 2020 YMCA Victoria Youth Parliament