2022 State election
The next State election is on Saturday 26 November. To vote, you'll need to be correctly enrolled by 8 pm on Tuesday 8 November.
When to update your enrolment
You must update your enrolment within 21 days if you have changed your:
- residential address and have lived there for a month
- postal address if this is different to your residential address
We work with the Australian Electoral Commission to make it easy for you to update your enrolment once for all federal, State and local council elections.
Update your enrolment for all elections using the links below.
You can also download an enrolment form.
If you would prefer to have an enrolment form mailed to you, please call us on 1300 805 478.
If you do not update your enrolment
If you do not update your enrolment within 21 days of becoming eligible:
- you may have to vote for your old address
- we may update your enrolment by a direct enrolment process
- your name may be removed from the roll
- you may get a fine.
When we will enrol you (direct enrolment)
We can enrol you, or update your enrolment, based on information we get from other government agencies.
This is known as direct enrolment.
We can enrol you, or update your enrolment, using information from:
- the Australian Electoral Commission
- Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages
- Department of Justice and Community Safety
- Department of Transport
- Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority.
If we intend to enrol you, we’ll send you a letter. If the details in the letter are correct, you don’t need to do anything. We’ll send you one more letter when we’ve processed your enrolment.
If the details in the letter are wrong, you’ll have an opportunity to let us know before we process your enrolment.