The sitting Member of Parliament (MP) for Clarinda is Meng Heang Tak (Australian Labor Party)
Find their contact details on the Parliament of Victoria website
Region this district is in
This district is in South-Eastern Metropolitan Region.
Facts and figures
Key boundary changes
The 2020-21 redivision of State electoral boundaries made the following changes to Clarinda District.
Clarinda District lost:
- 8,806 voters to Bentleigh District (parts of Bentleigh East and Cheltenham)
- 5,920 voters to Mulgrave District (part of Springvale)
- 8,130 voters to Oakleigh District (most of Clayton and Oakleigh South).
Clarinda District gained:
- 19,522 voters from Keysborough District (Springvale South; most of Dingley Village; parts of Keysborough and Noble Park)
- 7,318 voters from Mordialloc District (Moorabbin Airport; parts of Cheltenham and Mentone).
The tables below show two-party-preferred (2PP) results from the 2018 State election, based on the old and new electoral boundaries.
Actual 2018 State election results by 2PP
Party Votes % ALP 24,788 67.4% Liberal 11,976 32.6%
Estimated 2018 State election results by 2PP with new district boundaries
Party Votes % ALP 26,334 64.9% Liberal 14,227 35.1%
To estimate the 2018 votes on the new boundaries, we have allocated the votes from each voting centre according to where the new boundaries are.
- Past results
Year Party 2014-present ALP