Region this district is in
This district is in Western Victoria Region.
Key boundary changes
The 2020-21 redivision of State electoral boundaries made the following changes to Polwarth District.
Polwarth District lost:
- 3,071 voters to Eureka District (Inverleigh, Pitfield, Rokewood, Shelford and Teesdale)
- 5,275 voters to Geelong District (Bannockburn, Batesford, Fyansford, Gheringhap, Murgheboluc, Russells Bridge, Stonehaven and Sutherlands Creek)
- 1,591 voters to Lowan District (Darlington, Dundonnell, Ellerslie, Hexham, Mortlake, Pura Pura and Woorndoo)
- 390 voters to Ripon District (most of Pittong and Skipton)
- 3,285 voters to South-West Coast District (Ballangeich, Framlingham East, Garvoc, Glenormiston South, Kolora, Laang, Naringal, Naringal East, Nirranda, Nirranda East, Nirranda South, Noorat, Noorat East, Nullawarre, Peterborough, Terang and The Sisters).
Polwarth District gained:
- 16,575 voters from South Barwon District (Bellbrae, Bells Beach, Jan Juc, Paraparap and Torquay; part of Freshwater Creek).
- Past results
Year Party 1889-94 Conservative 1894-99 Liberal 1899-1902 Conservative Liberal 1902-07 Conservative 1907-08 Fusion 1908-09 Conservative 1909-17 Fusion Liberal/Liberal 1917-18 Economy 1918-40 National/UAP 1940-49 Country 1949-present LCP/Liberal