The sitting Member of Parliament (MP) for Dandenong is Gabrielle Williams (Australian Labor Party)
Find their contact details on the Parliament of Victoria website
Region this district is in
This district is in South-Eastern Metropolitan Region.
Facts and figures
Key boundary changes
The 2020-21 redivision of State electoral boundaries made the following changes to Dandenong District.
Dandenong District lost:
- 2,057 voters to Mulgrave District (parts of Noble Park and Noble Park North)
- 6,005 voters to Narre Warren North District (part of Endeavour Hills)
- an area with no voters to Rowville District (Tirhatuan Lakes Public Golf Course and sports fields south of Police Road and east of Dandenong Creek).
Dandenong District gained:
- 14,373 voters from Keysborough District (parts of Keysborough and Noble Park)
- 824 voters from Mulgrave District (part of Noble Park).
The tables below show two-party-preferred (2PP) results from the 2018 State election, based on the old and new electoral boundaries.
Actual 2018 State election results by 2PP
Party Votes % ALP 24,476 73.9% Liberal 8,632 26.1%
Estimated 2018 State election results by 2PP with new district boundaries
Party Votes % ALP 28,375 73.1% Liberal 10,465 26.9%
To estimate the 2018 votes on the new boundaries, we have allocated the votes from each voting centre according to where the new boundaries are.
- Past results
Year Party 1904-07 Conservative 1907-08 Fusion 1908-09 Liberal 1909-29 Fusion Liberal/Liberal/National 1929-32 ALP 1932-37 United Australia Party 1937-47 ALP 1947-52 Liberal/Liberal and Country Party 1952 Electoral Reform League 1952-55 ALP 1955-69 Liberal and Country Party /Liberal 1969-present ALP