The sitting Member of Parliament (MP) for Monbulk is James Merlino (Australian Labor Party)
Find their contact details on the Parliament of Victoria website
Region this district is in
This district is in Eastern Victoria Region.
Facts and figures
Key boundary changes
The 2020-21 redivision of State electoral boundaries made the following changes to Monbulk District.
Monbulk District lost:
- 3,649 voters to Croydon District (part of Kilsyth)
- 9,954 voters to Evelyn District (most of Montrose; parts of Kalorama, Lilydale, Mooroolbark and Mount Evelyn).
Monbulk District gained:
- 1,870 voters from Bayswater District (most of The Basin; part of Boronia)
- 5,218 voters from Ferntree Gully District (part of Ferntree Gully)
- 10,030 voters from Gembrook District (Avonsleigh, Clematis, Cockatoo, Emerald, Gembrook, Mount Burnett and Nangana; part of Nar Nar Goon North)
- 2,183 voters from Rowville District (part of Ferntree Gully).
The tables below show two-party-preferred (2PP) results from the 2018 State election, based on the old and new electoral boundaries.
Actual 2018 State election results by 2PP
Party Votes % ALP 22,199 58.6% Liberal 15,708 41.4%
Estimated 2018 State election results by 2PP with new district boundaries
Party Votes % ALP 24,814 57.1% Liberal 18,648 42.9%
To estimate the 2018 votes on the new boundaries, we have allocated the votes from each voting centre according to where the new boundaries are.
- Past results
Year Party 1967-82 Liberal 1982-92 ALP 1992-2002 Liberal 2002-present ALP