Schools & Community
The VEC's Community Education Team works with groups in the community who may face barriers to democratic participation.
We explore the role democracy plays in people's lives and encourage a culture of active citizenship.
Local council election resources
Local council elections are in October 2016. If you are a community member or a community-based organisation or group the following resources have been developed to assist with promotion of the local council elections.
Order printed resources to be sent to you
Many of our online resources are available in a hard copy form.
To order use our online order form.
Resources will be sent to you within five working days of placing an order.
- Voting in attendance elections—information in other languages
- Voting in postal elections—information in other languages
Resources for culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- Vote in Local Council Elections (attendance) poster (PDF, 1.5MB)
- Vote in Local Council Elections (postal) poster (PDF, 2.1MB)
Resources for people with a disability
Easy English guides
- Vote in Local Council Postal Elections (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Vote in Local Council Postal Elections (Word, 12.6MB)
- Vote in Local Council Attendance Elections (PDF, 7.0MB)
- Vote in Local Council Attendance Elections (Word, 4.9MB)
- Vote in the Melbourne City Council Postal Elections (PDF, 5.7MB)
- Vote in the Melbourne City Council Postal Elections (Word, 3.4MB)
Resources for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Local council election poster (PDF, 207kB)
Resources for Secondary schools
Passport to Democracy links the democratic process to the issues young people care about. Online resources will assist students in identifying and taking action on local issues in their community.
Book a session
To book a session for your community please contact us on 131 832 or email email@example.com.
Stay in touch with us
Sign up (external link) to receive news and information about the Victorian Electoral Commission's education and public awareness work.