How to enrol

Enrol or update your details online

Use the VEC’s online application to guide you through enrolling or updating your details.

This is an external link to the Australian Electoral Commission.

This is an external link to the Australian Electoral Commission.

Enrol or update your details using a paper form

If you would prefer to enrol or update your details on a paper form, you can obtain an enrolment form:

  • at any post office or Australian Electoral Commission office
  • by calling the VEC on 131 832
  • by visiting the VEC office at Level 11, 530 Collins Street, Melbourne
  • by downloading an enrolment form (PDF, 616kB).

Completed enrolment forms can be returned via:

  • post to the Victorian Electoral Commission, Reply Paid 66506, Melbourne VIC 8001 (no stamp is required)
  • fax to (03) 9277 7126
  • emailing a scanned copy to, or
  • delivery in person to the Victorian Electoral Commission (Level 11, 530 Collins Street, Melbourne) or any Australian Electoral Commission office (external link).

Special enrolment options

Special enrolment options are available if you:

  • generally can’t get to a voting centre
  • are living or travelling overseas (including Antarctica)
  • don’t want your address to appear on the roll for safety reasons
  • are experiencing homelessness
  • are working in Antarctica
  • have a cognitive disability/impairment
  • are unable to sign your name
  • are serving a prison sentence in Victoria

You can also provisionally enrol if you are 17 years old.

There are also additional categories for enrolment for:

Please rate this page from 1 to 5 where 1 is unhelpful and 5 is very helpful