Payment plans

If you are having difficulty paying your infringement in full and on time, you may be able to arrange a payment plan.

Payment plans can be an agreement to pay in instalments (paying a bit at a time at regular intervals) or can grant you an extension of time to pay.

Who is eligible for a payment plan?

If you’re an individual or a company, you can apply to pay your outstanding fine amount by instalments.

Your application may be assessed based on your:

  • outstanding fine amount
  • income
  • financial status
  • payment history
  • any hardship that you are experiencing.

You are eligible for a payment plan when you have one of the following:

  • Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card
  • Department of Veterans' Affairs Pensioner Concession Card or Gold Card
  • Centrelink Health Care Card (all types including non-means tested).

If you don't have one of these cards, and you wish to pay in instalments, you may apply on the basis of financial hardship. The agency that issued the fine may ask you questions about your financial circumstances and may request documentation.

If you are having difficulty paying your infringement on time, you may also be eligible for an extension of time to pay.

Applying for a payment plan

To apply for a payment plan to pay by instalments or for an extension of time, contact the issuing agency in person or by phone. Contact details are available on your infringement notice. All requests must be made in writing and include the following:

  • infringement number
  • name, address and contact number
  • reason for request.

Note: This option is only applicable for unpaid infringements and if you have not previously defaulted on a payment plan. A payment plan for a notice of final demand or enforcement warrant is called a 'payment arrangement'. For more information, please visit the Fines Victoria website (external link).

You may call 1300 551 575 if you wish to speak to a customer service representative.