Brochures, guides & newsletters
The VEC produces a range of brochures and guides aimed to make the electoral process simple and accessible. Selections, our annual newsletter, provides information about how the Commission operates, key goals for the organisation and achievements from the past year.
Brochures and bookletsEnrolment and voting advice for families and carers
Information on enrolment and voting for families and carers of people with a cognitive disability/impairment.
- Enrolment and voting advice for families and carers (PDF, 279kB)
- Enrolment and voting advice for families and carers (Word, 328kB)
Information on enrolment and voting for people serving a prison sentence in Victoria.
- Enrolment and voting advice for prisoners (PDF, 346kB)
- Enrolment and voting advice for prisoners (Word, 84kB)
The story of how the Victorian Parliament introduced the secret ballot is a marvellous piece of history, including colourful characters, riots, intrigue, ingenuity and even a government resigning en masse! It is a fascinating history of the cornerstone of modern day democracy.
Please contact us to request a printed copy.
Easy English guides
Easy English guides to voting and the electoral process have been produced with the assistance of Scope (external link).
- Vote in the 2018 Victorian State Election (PDF, 2.3MB)
- Running your own election - first-past-the post (PDF, 1.2MB)
- Running your own election - first-past-the post (Word, 11.3MB)
Selections: The VEC Newsletter
Selections is the VEC's annual newsletter. It is distributed to State and local government representatives, government departments, the Electoral Matters Committee, VEC employees, senior election officials and registered political parties.
- Selections Number 23, August 2018 (external link)
- Selections Number 22, September 2017 (external link)
- Selections Number 21, August 2016 (external link)
- Selections Number 20, July 2015 (external link)
- Selections Number 19, July 2014 (PDF, 2.7MB)
- Selections Number 18, July 2013 (PDF, 2.9MB)
- Selections Number 17, July 2012 (PDF, 2.9MB)
Local Government Election Information Series
This series of books has been produced to provide background information for the VEC's 2016 local council election program.
- Structural Overview Key Dates (PDF, 1.3MB)
- Structural Overview Key Dates (Word, 725kB)
- Municipal Voters Roll (PDF, 2.0MB)
- Municipal Voters Roll (Word, 752kB)
- Electoral Advertising and Campaign Material (PDF, 602kB)
- Electoral Advertising and Campaign Material (Word, 553kB)
- Counting Arrangements (PDF, 615kB)
- Counting Arrangements (Word, 671kB)
- Costing Local Government Elections (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Costing Local Government Elections (Word, 882kB)